Beach Essentials

Happy Friday! I still cannot believe it is already June, this school year flew by. I am excited for so many beach days though. We try to go to the beach every other weekend. If we weren't so busy I would be at the beach every weekend. Sometimes its kind of a pain to have to take so many things with you but then when we don't bring certain items we end up needing them. 





I am going to share a list of things that come in handy when at the beach especially when you go with your kids. 

We ordered this one off of amazon and it has gotten so much use. We can just throw everything in the wagon and that way it's so much easier on everyone. Before when we would go Travis and I would have to carry the larger things like chairs, cooler etc and the kids would get things like their beach toys and towels.

Sunscreen is so important! Some people come down to visit and they're like oh no I don't burn and then they end up fried the first day and their entire vacation is ruined. Do not forget sunscreen! Our favorite sunscreen is Aloe Gator but we have been using the copper tone sport clear lately too

Umbrellas are also important. We have two but if you are staying at a hotel they usually have cabanas or umbrellas you can rent. Most of the beaches also have chairs and umbrellas to rent even if there isn't a hotel around. I love being in the sun but I also want to protect my skin the best I can.

Beach bags definitely come in handy. I can keep everything organized like sunscreen, phone, keys, wallets. I have really been loving my straw beach bag I picked up at the salvation army but I have several large bags that I can use for the beach. You can never have too many right?! I like to throw in a bag that is waterproof to keep our keys and phones in. 

I actually always forget this one but baby powder is great for getting sand off of you. We always bring home so much sand and since our house is all tile you really end up feeling it on your feet when your walking around. The car always has piles of sand too so this would be great to just get all of the sand off before we get in the car. 

I'm sure this one is a given if you have kids but beach toys are a necessity. My kids love to be in the water so they always have goggles but occasionally they want to dig and build sand castles. Anytime we forget the sand toys they end up saying they're bored after a little while. 

Plenty of beach towels. I always pack several beach towels. I make sure to include a cute one too just incase we want to snap a cute pic :)

Always pack a coverup you might want to go to dinner after a long day at the beach. 

We always pack a cooler with water and juice and some snacks. There is nothing worse then getting to the beach and having fun and then an hour later the kids are hungry. We like to pack sandwiches, and lots of fruit for the kids to snack on. 

I've seen people do this but we never bring one. A fitted sheet is supposed to be nice to take to the beach to keep your stuff. Let me know if you try it.

Let me know what some of your beach essentials are that you and your family take with you on beach trips. 





No comments