7 Things To Do This Summer With Your Kids

We all know when summer rolls around we are so excited but a little terrified! Like what are we going to do to keep these little monsters occupied lol. It's so awesome when summer rolls around and I get to sleep in an extra half hour and not wake up to franticly get kids ready for school. Here lately my kids have done nothing but fight so it has been hard to reward them with the park and ice cream so honestly we haven't done much. Kaden my oldest is also busy with baseball right now so 4 days a week and some games on the weekends keep us pretty busy. I'm going to share a few of the things I know my kids love to do every year when summer time rolls around.




Water Balloons
I fill up a huge bucket and let them go crazy. Kaden is usually the last one left with a ton of balloons because he waits and then throws them when nobody else has any haha. They love this and I love that they get along for the quick 15 minutes until Kaden hits Bryleigh in the eye and she starts crying. Regardless water balloons are fun for everyone !

Sprinkler
Anything with water is always a big hit with kids. We currently don't have a pool at our house so unless if we go to a friends house or the community pool this Florida heat is a lot to be out in without any water. Sprinklers are a blast because they can run through them and still keep cool. Slip-n-slides are also so fun so just grab a few backyard toys and they will have fun all summer!

Park and Picnic Date
We love picnics and going to the park. My kids usually run into at least one of their friends at the park so its a win win ! They get to get out of the house and have fun and spend some time with friends.

Ice Cream Date
We love ice cream like really love ice cream! Its always fun to try different ice cream places around us and I have two that are my absolute favorite! My kids could careless as long as they get ice cream lol so Mcdonalds $1.00 ice cream cones are perfect for hot summer days. (When did their ice cream go up to $1 btw I remember when a cone was 50 cents!) 

Waterpark
When we lived in Ohio we loved going to Kings Island. We had season passes every summer and it was our favorite thing to do. Last summer we went to Aquatica in Orlando and it was so fun so this year I think we are going to try out sun splash since it is so close to our house.

Glow in the dark bowling
We haven't done this one year but it looks like so much fun and I know it will be a big hit with me kids.

Go for a bike ride
We love to go on bike rides as a family. We go around our neighborhood and just sight see around the lakes and canals but we want to order one of those things that go on the car so we can go to the bike trails. There is a really pretty bike trail on Pine Island that we want to go to. If it was a little closer we could just ride our bikes there. Its only 10 minutes away but we have to go on a busy road so its just way safer to take them their and then go on the trail. 

Let me know some things you do with your kids over the summer. We are always looking for new ideas to keep busy.






No comments