How To Be a Fashion Blogger on a Budget

I know starting out in the fashion blogging world is super hard. If you are thinking about doing it read this and go for it! We are all here to cheer each other on.


When I first started blogging I started out as strictly a mommy blogger and it was mainly just to keep updates on my kids so I can go back and look at those when they are older. Also so family could go on my blog and check out what the kids are up to.



I'll share a little secret with you! This adorable tee and tropical dress were sent to me. 




Then I got more serious about blogging and wanting to grow a community and a business. I transitioned from mommy blogger to beauty blogger after I finished getting my esthetician license. I figured out after a while I just wasn't happy. So fast forward to today and I am now a fashion, lifestyle and mommy blogger. Being able to include my family in my blogs and youtube videos and instagram posts is so much more fun for me. Ok so now that we have heard a little back story of how my blog got started I want to share some tips and tricks on how I am able to share so many amazing outfits and accessories on a budget.



These outfits are from the boutique I work with. I didn't have to buy these, we went out and shot content for both of our pages. 

Shorts (these are sold out but I linked similar ones) | So Far So Good top |  Vogue Tee

I remember first thinking wow how do they have a new outfit every day especially the bloggers who weren't just shopping at forever 21. I would click on a link because I loved someones dress and I was shocked when I would see a price of $200! I am a stay at home mom and there is no way I could justify spending that much on a dress for myself. One I would feel so guilty like I could have gotten a ton of clothes for my kids for that price.

I have figured out you don't have to spend tons to share your favorite pieces.

1. Collaborations

I have reached out to brands and in exchange for their product I post to social media.
That is one way to get clothing to share for your followers. Sometimes these are paid collabs and sometimes I just receive the items.
I only work with companies I truly love because I have a certain style and I want to stick to that.

2. This kind of goes with #1 but it is more than a collaboration. I had the pleasure of a local boutique emailing me and asking me to work with them. We have been working together for months and I have become close friends with the owner. I love supporting small shops especially when you know the owner is so nice and will help out with anything she can.

So we will go and shoot a couple of times a week and then she has content for her page and I have content for my page. It helps that I am obsessed with everything in the shop. You can check out the site for Subtle and Chic HERE

3. Thrifting is a great way to find cute pieces to share. You can get items for such a great price. I have a pair of jeans I paid $6 for and they are my favorite! The only thing I don't like about thrifting is you can't link the piece so nobody can really buy it but I love to find similar pieces from shops and just share those.

4. Swap clothes with friends. You can mix and match several outfits and have different looks. My favorite thing to do is go in my closet and try to mix up outfits and maybe just add different hair accessories, bag or shoes.

I hope this helped if you are thinking about getting into the blogging world but were thinking you had to have a ton of money.



No comments