Top 5 Foundations for Dry Skin

I have always loved a luminous glow to my skin, you will most likely never see me with a mattifyng foundation or anything on my face. The only matte in my life is my eyeshadows. I have normal to dry skin so of course I love dewy foundations so I don't have any spots that the foundation is going to stick to. I have tried a matte foundation and even if I didn't think I had dry spots that foundation found them! So I am going to share my top foundations that have worked for my dry skin, affordable and some more pricier ones.







This is my go to when I want a full coverage but still a luminous glow. I don't have any problems with it sticking to any dry patches and it blends so well. It lasts all day even if I forget a primer, and the bottle goes a long way. The only negative is it is so hard to find a shade that works for my skin tone so I mix two different shades. This foundation will give you a satin finish and can be used for oily or dry skin. 



Studio skin is my tried and true for summer time. It is buildable if you want a fuller coverage but it gives me just the coverage I need and that healthy glow to your skin. It does last for a hours but by the end of the day I can see where it has worn off which doesn't bother me because its usually when I am heading home to wash my face anyway. The color range is amazing and there is a match for mostly everyone. If you have oily skin you can definitely use this but just make sure to use a mattifying primer first. 


A natural light weight medium to full coverage foundation. This isn't very thick and it is water based so I wouldn't use a beauty blender or any type of blending sponge. My favorite thing to apply this foundation with is the Urban Decay optical blurring brush. It is formulated with 100% pure organ oil and nutrient rich pigments for vibrant, glowing skin. If you have oily skin I do not think you will like this foundation, but if you have dry skin you will love this and the way it makes your skin look. 



My favorite thing about all three of the above foundations is that they have spf! I have always been a big advocate on wearing sunscreen especially now that I live in Florida I am always protecting mine and my families skin from the sun.




You cannot beat the quality of this foundation for the price! This is another go to summer foundation. I love the dewy finish to this and the coverage. It also isn't a very thick foundation but I really like the way it looks when applied with a beauty blender. This also has an spf, it is hydrating and will leave you with a radiant finish. 


The only negative with this is the shade range, I couldn't find one to match me that wasn't to pink. Other than the shades I love this foundation, I am able to make it work with the shade I have and this is literally like your skin but better. With a 5.99 price tag you really cannot pass on this one. It is made with a matte light diffusing complex to leave you camera ready. I know I said matte, but it isn't your typical matte foundation it still makes my skin look healthy and doesn't soak up and stick to any dry patches. 





1 comment

  1. What great foundation choices! I actually have the opposite problem with my face. My face is too oily and I’m having to make sure my face doesn’t look to shiny! I love how informative your post was! :)

    ReplyDelete