Cleansing Conditioner (Review)

When it comes to my hair I only have to wash it about twice a week, if I wash it anymore than that it dries out and doesn't look as healthy. I would describe my hair as medium-thick it is very long and I take really good care of it so it isn't really super damaged from dying it although I do need the ends trimmed at the moment. When I heard about these new cleansing conditioners that everyone has been talking about I knew I had to try them out. I have tried one by Joico and one by Unwash. In the past I have used Wen, my mom has been buying that for years and when I feel like my hair needs a pick me up I use it. I feel like Wen shouldn't really be put into the cleansing conditioner category just in my experience.


Even though I said I use her Wen when my hair feels dry it doesn't mean I like cleansing conditioners. My hair has never ever been greasy I could literally go a whole week without washing my hair and it wouldn't be greasy. Now would I do that no because I would just feel dirty but thats just how my hair is my scalp just doesn't produce a lot of oil. After using  the Joico cleansing conditioner the next day my hair felt so greasy and heavy. It literally felt like it hasn't been washed in a month and it was so hard to put up because it was so greasy, mind you my hair has never been greasy but the day after I used the Joico it felt so gross. I just figured maybe I didn't wash it out enough so I tried it again the next day. Same thing, super greasy and just felt gross. I have a friend who loves it she was so surprised at my negative experience with it so I tried a different brand, I used the Unwash brand really hoping that I was going to love it. Nope. Not at all, same thing as the Joico my hair felt heavy, weighed down and greasy.  I do love this for my daughters hair though, she is only two and has very curly hair, this works perfect for her. It leaves her hair so soft and is easier to brush through. 


Both have completely different formulas and textures the Joico is a whipped texture and the Unwash looks like a regular shampoo. 





Is this meant for a specific type of hair? Let me know your thoughts and opinions and if you have similar hair as me and like this product. I will probably be giving these both to my mom because she has finer hair and I am interested to see what she thinks about them. I'll give an update.


7 comments

  1. I have the Joico color therapy and I love it. I'll have to look into this conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to like these but they made my hair so greasy and gross feeling!

      Delete
  2. I may need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have plenty of friends that love it but it doesn't work well with my thick hair.

      Delete
  3. I was lucky enough to have Joico send me a hair mask of theirs, but I still need to try it out! I'm always so wary of cleansing conditioners because my hair gets so greasy so fast.

    skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited to try it, my hair never gets greasy at all and as soon as my hair dried after using this it felt so nasty. I love the hair masks!

      Delete
  4. wonderful informative post,its very useful,thanks for sharing.

    Mcx Gold Calls

    ReplyDelete